Here we are looking at pdf and book titles for other planes and otherworldy adventures on Drive Thru RPG.
Disclaimer: Rand Roll is an affiliate for DriveThru RPG and DM's Guild.
The realms beyond the one of mortals vary from setting to setting. Pits inhabited by demons or other fiends, the underworld where the dead go, dream realms inhabited by fey creatures, eternal storms of elemental energy and the realms of the gods. And beyond that are realms that make no sense, alternate realities or weird places that operate in rules beyond comprehension.
Adventures set in these realms tend to be at a higher power level, as characters face powerful creatures and godlike beings, and must survive these very realms too.
Some PDFs are much larger and comprehensive.
- Castle Oldskull - 333 Realms of Entropy from Kent David Kelly is filled with tables for creating realms by a dominant terrain, with some examples of these planes.
- For other planes the Plane Maker from Ennead Games makes total sense. Filled with tables about the plane, what inhabiteds it and how to get there. Depending on your planar adventures, Deities and Pantheons may also be of interest.
- A Rough Guide to the Pit from Arion Games details demonic realms for Fighting Fantasy, but easily used in other games. It has tables for creating demonic planes and encounter tables.
Free and Pay What You Want Options
If you like pdfs and random tables then there are some options. And where you find one you might find more...
- For things on other planes, using the Weird Shit Generator (Fantasy) from Never Engine probably works. PWYW.
- Pink Dice Bag Publishing helps us name otherworldly creatures with 100 Celestial Names.
- For more unknowable names, Azukail Games has Weird, Eldritch Name Generator.
To find more related titles by a particular publisher the "Customers Who Bought This Title also Purchased" bar at the bottom of product description is useful.
- Out there, there will be demons somewhere, so Piecewise Games has the Demon Generator with 32 pages of tables covering Fire, Filth, Pristine, Curse, Storm, Deep, Grave and Azoic elements.
- Pen and Screen Creations has 100 Demands from a Fey, inspiring encounters in Faerie Courts or Dream Realms.
- Often things are weird beyond the mortal realm, so 100 Strange Magical Items for all fantasy RPGs from Grinning Skull Studios can help capture this.
- Spectre Press has a supplement with tables for small planes of existence in RPGPundit Presents #97: Pocket Planes. And a similar title is #95: Alternate Material Planes
- For more demons, Black Falcon Games has D-Percent - 100 Ancient Demon Names. Which goes with 100 Medieval Demon Names.
- For places affected by magic them 1d100 Plus Magic Events from Lore Wise Games will give you some ideas.
Things that don't fit in the other categories.
- For D&D Oliver Darkshire has written The Infinite Staircase on DM's Guild, covering the planes with information and tables.
- The Map Feature Name Elemental Planes from Ennead Games is quite specific, covering area names with two d100 tables for each of Air, Earth, Fire and Water.
- A deck of cards for Dragons, Undead and Outsiders. Creature Decks: More Dragons, Undead & Outsiders (Ecologies/System Neutral) from Inkwell Ideas has ideas for monsters without stats.
This will get updated in the future, but leave a comment with other titles if you have one to share.