Here we are looking at pdf and book titles for Horror on Drive Thru RPG.
Disclaimer: Rand Roll is an affiliate for DriveThru RPG and DM's Guild.
Titles with random tables for all types of horror, modern to fantasy.
Horror adventures cover stories of urban fantasy with vampire, investigators of Call of Cthulu, adventurers caught in dark realms such as Ravenloft and classics such as full moons, the evil that comes at night and cheesy horror films.
There is also a Generators Guide for Horror.
Some PDFs are much larger and comprehensive.
- Grinning Skull has a Horror Mega-bundle with lots of d100 titles. It also has a smaller Strange and Weird Stuff Bundle with 8 d100 titles.
- From Chaos Factory Books there is the Teratogenicon, a tome for generating dark fantasy monsters. And Dark Fantasy Everything Bundle full of dark fantasy goodies.
- Ken Wickham has something different with Grammar Fuel: Horror Genre and Subgenres, giving 42 d100 lists of nouns, adjectives and adverbs for horror.
- The Dread Thingonomicon from Raging Swan Press is a collection of 400+ pages of fantasy dread-themed lists.
- The Book of Random Tables: Eldritch from dicegeeks has 24 d100 tables for Lovecraftian-themed games such as Call of Cthulu.
Free and Pay What You Want Options
If you like pdfs and random tables then there are some options. And where you find one you might find more...
- Pink Dice Bag Publishing gives us of 100 Dark and Spooky Names,
- Never Engine has 100 Spooky Yet Mundane Dungeon Encounters
- d100 Mundane Items (for Mörk Borg) from Petersender with 100 dark fantasy items. Plus lots of clues for other Mork Borg PWYW titles.
- Dark Fantasy Places from Chaos Factory Books is a PWYW title has a collection of tables and short essays for dark villages, forests and other places.
- For cthulu-related monsters try Lovecraftian Title Generator from Azukail Games, with 3 tables to combine
To find more related titles by a particular publisher the "Customers Who Bought This Title also Purchased" bar at the bottom of product description is useful.
- 100 Superstitions for a Fantasy Setting and 100 Creepy Things and Events to Find in a Spooky House from Azukail Games
- Chaos Factory Books has Dark Fantasy Characters and 100 Magic Weapons (Dark Fantasy) along with many other dark fantasy titles.
- For filling places with odd things, Skirmisher Publishing has 100 Oddities for a Creepy House and 100 Oddities for a Graveyard.
- 100 Cursed Places for all Horror RPGs from Grinning Skull Design Studios.
- Black Falcon Games has D-Percent - 100 Modern Zombies with graphic descriptions of the undead.
- 1d100 Plus Haunting Events from Lore Wise Games is a list of 100 unique ghost activity events for your spooky game.
Ravenloft and D&D
D&D has a different slant on horror, and Curse of Strahd and Ravenloft are popular settings.
- For random tables in pdf format there is a (PWYW) DM's Guild collection of extra encounters for curse of Strahd
- Next are a series of random tables for gothic horror - Ravenloft Tables
- Finally I have a few spooky titles including Spooky Encounter Tables and Spooky One-Shot Adventures
- Never Engine has the Pay What You Want Weird Shit Generator (Fantasy)
- The Book of Random Tables: 1920s-1930s from dicegeeks isn't really horror based, but many Cthulu games take place in that period...
- The Cthulu Alphabet from Goodman Games is a collection of random tables done by letters of the alphabet
- Yaruki Zero Games has Ewen's Tables - Horror Stuff, a collection of d66 tables.
- The Haunting of Home by Ken Wickham has an early 1900s home with tables for sounds, smells, sights and other clues within.
- For a deck of dark fantasy hooks try Sidequest Decks: Horror Fantasy from Inkwell Ideas.
This will get updated in the future, but leave a comment with other titles if you have one to share.