Looking at pdf and book titles for Post-Apocalypse settings on Drive Thru RPG.
Disclaimer: Rand Roll is an affiliate for DriveThru RPG and DM's Guild.
Titles with random tables for post-apocalypse settings.
In a post-apocalyptic setting, something bad has happened and the world is doing it's best to cope. Nuclear war, climate change, zombie apocalypse, aliens, killer robots, magical storms could all cause one.
They are often populated by desperate survivors, mutated creatures,
Examples include Mad Max, Fallout, the Matrix and many zombie movies. Many fantasy worlds have post-apocalypse.
There is also a Post-Apocalyse Generators Guide.
Feb 2024: Added more titles
Some PDFs are much larger and comprehensive.
- From dicegeeks are Book of Random Tables: Post-Apocalyptic filled with d100 tables of items, encounters, characters and more.
- The Random Solo Adventure: Post Apocalypse - Solo Gamebook is from PenguinComics. It features a solo adventure with random aspect to make each play different.
- Daniel Roos has Post-Apocalyptic Loot with 800 main results by categories and more subtables.
- The Roadwarrior Bundle is from Gregorous21778 with titles for vehicles, names and marauders,
- Ken Wickham has something different with Grammar Fuel: Science Fiction Genre and Subgenres. It includes Post Apocalypse subgenre and has subgenres which overlap (including (including steampunk, mecha, alien, time-travel) - with 42 d100 lists of nouns, adjectives and adverbs for sci-fi.
Free and Pay What You Want Options
If you like pdfs and random tables then there are some free and pay what you want options. And where you find one you might find more..
- 49 Lists for Atopic Punk 2160 from Felbrigg Herriot fits the theme, with 49-themed lists for post-apocalpyse games.,
- Post Apocalyptic Items d100 from dicegeeks contains junk found in the ruins of civilisations. (last time I checked this was also free)
To find more related titles by a particular publisher the "Customers Who Bought This Title also Purchased" bar at the bottom of product description is useful.
- For curios and imaginative elements Skirmisher Publishing has 100 Oddities for a Wasteland with examples in the title blurb. They also have Artifacts of the Wastelands for more options
- 100 Scavenged Provisions for all Post Apoc RPGs from Grinning Skull Studios focuses on the survival aspect of a post-apocalyptic game. 100 Useful Scavenged Items from a Zombie Apocalypse might also be of interest.
- Lee's Lists has 100 Post-Apocalyptic Encounters with examples in the title blurb.
- 350 Post Apocalptic Treasures - Vol 1 from D10 Dimensions has lists for treasures in groups including Gas Station, Wild Animals, Outdoors and Cabins. Beyond Cyber City - 100 Roadside Treasures also fits the same vibe.
- There is a series of 100 post-apocalyptic encounters for different terrains from Azukail Games, starting with 100 Encounters for the Post-Apocalyptic Plains. Plus ones for Coast, Desert, Forest, Hills, Jungle, Mountain, Ocean, Rivers and Swamp
- From Atelier Clandestin is 200 Post Apocalytic Odd Situations, with d20 tables spread across locations.
Things that don't fit in the other categories
- Ennead Games has the World Ender Namer, three d100 tables to give a apocalyptic names to events.
- Also worth mentioning are a series of RPGs specific to Post-Apocalyptic settings. EDGE Studio has a series called End of the World. There are scenarios for Zombie Apocalypse, Robot Revolt, Alien Invasion and Wrath of the Gods.
- Gregrius21778 has a Post-Apocalypse Names Bundle which includes tribes, characters, settlements and antagonists.
- Barbarians of the Ruined Earth from DIY RPG Productions is a rpg inspired by Thudarr the Barbarian, mixing in Mad Max and Pirates of Dark Water. With support from some random tables
- The Quiet Year from Buried Without Ceremony is a map game for a post-apocalyptic community. Attempting to build something good in their quiet year.
This will get updated in the future, but leave a comment with other titles if you have one to share.