Here we are looking at pdf and book titles for Fantasy Cities on Drive Thru RPG.
Disclaimer: Rand Roll is an affiliate for DriveThru RPG and DM's Guild.
Sept 2023 - More titles added
Modern is a more difficult genre to make suggestions for, as we are living in it! But superheroes, espionage and the broadening of modern to include 80's until now makes things easier.
A generators guide for Modern is also on the way in next couple weeks.
Some PDFs are much larger and comprehensive.
- The Book of Random Table: Modern from dicegeeks is full of 48 d100 tables for modern era.
- For a different take, Sidequest Decks: Modern Crime, Spies, & Supers from Inkwell Ideas is a deck of 55 ideas for modern adventures.
- The Big Modern Bundle from Fish Wife Games is pricy, but does contain LOTS of titles, including 100 Abandoned Items for Motel Rooms, 100 Attic Finds, 100 Bystanders, 100 Office High Rice Occupants and 100 Subway Encounters.
- For a whole section of titles, Pink Dice Bag Publishing has a Modern section of random tables. One significant entry is Tome of Tables: Modern School.
Free and Pay What You Want Options
If you like pdfs and random tables then there are some options. And where you find one you might find more...
- Never Engine has a pwyw Espionage Mission Generator with 1 page, and another Military Mission Generator.
- JV Random Tables: Cyberpunk and Modern from JeansenVaars has two pages of d20 tables for locations and characters.
- For UK and US style city names, Pink Dice Bag Publishing has 100 Town and City Names.
- For a certain atmosphere, try 100 B-Movies playing at the Movie Theatre for all Modern RPGs from Grinning Skull Studios. Or 100 Dusty Paperbacks on an Abandoned Bookshelf.
- Atelier Clandestin has 100 Envelope Contents to help with what's in mysterious letters or documents. And a similar vibe from 50 Intriguing Messages.
To find more related titles by a particular publisher the "Customers Who Bought This Title also Purchased" bar at the bottom of product description is useful.
- A specific but certainly useful title is 100 Oddities for a Found Car from Skirmisher Publishing.
- For character and NPC traits, Fishwife Games has 100 Modern Day Quirks
- Grinning Skull Studios has a 100 Useless Items for all Modern RPGs to fill out things scavanged and looted.
- For a few d66 tables, Yaruki Zero Games has Ewen's Tables: Modern Random Events
- For espionage, Atelier Clandestin has a Spy Mission Generator with several tables.
- For what people are carrying, Polgarus Games has 120 Modern Pocket Contents. They also have 120 Modern Bag Contents, 120 Modern Bar and Nightclub Names and 120 Modern Tattoos.
Things that don't fit in the other categories.
- Sidequest Decks: Pulp Adventures! from Inkwell Ideas is a deck of 72 cards with quests inspired by the likes of India Jones, Tomb Raider and the Da Vinci Code.
- The Book of Random Tables: 1960s-1970s from dicegeeks has 34 d100 tables from (USA-focused) pre-modern era.
- Pink Dice Bag Publishing has Tome of Tables: Speakeasies, with several tables for prohibition era.
- 108 Clown Names from WMB Saltworks is niche but fits the modern category. It's pay-what-you-want.
This will get updated in the future, but leave a comment with other titles if you have one to share.