Here we are looking at pdf and book titles for Science Fantasy and Space Fantasy n Drive Thru RPG.
Disclaimer: Rand Roll is an affiliate for DriveThru RPG and DM's Guild.
Games such as Starfinder, Troika and even Star Wars are space fantasy. A little bit of everything, in space. And Spelljammer!
Some PDFs are much larger and comprehensive.
- dicegeeks has The Book of Random Tables: Fantasy Space, with 25 d100 tables to get you started.
- For a deck of short adventures, Sidequest Decks: Science Fantasy from Inkwell Ideas has 50+ cards that will help you out.
- Ken Wickham has something different with Grammar Fuel: Genres giving 44 d100 lists of nouns, adjectives and adverbs for a number of genres useful to Space Fantasy. These include fantasy, sci-fi, war, mystery, superhero and horror..
Free and Pay What You Want Options
If you like pdfs and random tables then there are some options. And where you find one you might find more...
- Stars Without Number from Sine Nomine Publishing is a free sci-fi RPG, which also has many pages or random tables. And a fantasy version in Worlds Without Number. Between the two there is lots of inspiration for science fantasy games.
- From Direbane Publishing is City Running Troika!, a setting a random tables for delving into and adventuring in a space fantasy city, for the game Troika! (detailed below)
- The Ultraviolet Grasslands - Free Introduction from Hydra Cooperative is a rules-light rpg about journeying across a weird dying space-fantasy setting. Supported by random tables.
- Electric Bastionland Free Edition from Bastionland Press is a Space-Fantasy game with an old-school feel where you have a failed career and colossal debt. This is the cut-down free version of the game.
To find more related titles by a particular publisher the "Customers Who Bought This Title also Purchased" bar at the bottom of product description is useful.
- the Lifeform Maker from Ennead Games which creates alien creatures and life forms. And there is also Quick Generator Sci-Magic Classes to give ideas for your science-fantasy games. And Quick Generator - MagicTech Concept.
- The Baroque Science Fantasy God Generator from Gorgzu Games has 10+ tables for creating a deity of space fantasy.
- Space Fantasy Ruins from ChaosGen (me) has 6 tables for creating quick space ruins. And 100 Space Fantasy Trinkets for interesting bits for characters and NPCs.
Although D&D, spelljammer is a strange combination of fantasy in space, with primitive firearms, galleons flying to asteroids and comets trying to murder people. Revived for fifth edition! And here are some titles from DM's Guild.
- Spelljammer: Encounters in Wildspace by Jesse Kettunen has 50+ encounters for helping out your spelljammer games, brought together by a few simple encounter tables. There is also Spelljammer: Encounters on the Rock of Bral.
- From several authors is Spelljammer Trinkets & Treasures, a list of magic items and minor doodads for your D&D in space. With random tables to select them.
- The Spelljammer: Wildspace System Generator by Ben Fogle is a Pay What You Want title with tables for building a wildspace system from scratch.
- Spelljammer Encounter Tables by Duncan Thomson (me) has random tables by terrain, ships and creature groups. There's also Spelljammer Trinkets and Creation Tables.
Things that don't fit in the other categories.
- Troika from Melsonian Arts Council is a perfect example of quirky space fantasy. It's not got a whole lot of random tables but it is a simple system for trying Space Fantasy RPGs. It uses random tables for character concept / profession, spells, monster mien, and anywhere else it matters.
- From Bastionland Press is Electric Bastionland, an RPG with an old school feel with a healthy dose of random tables in chargen. You have a failed career and colossal debt...
- For an rpg of "Star & Sorcery" space opera with an OSR feel, there is Solar Blades & Cosmic Spells from Old Skull Publishing. With a heavy dose of random tables to help things along.
This will get updated in the future, but leave a comment with other titles if you have one to share.