"Wait, wait, I just need to ask, what do you need us to put on your headstone?!"
"Just because no one can understand how you speak, Don’t necessarily mean that what you be sayin is deep."
For insults and quotes look at the Art of Random War.
The Art of Random War is a simple generator which does two things. Creates insults with Mockery button and poetry with various quotes of with a modern or fantasy slant.
Sample Insults include
- "You do know the pointy end is suppose to go in the other guy, right!"
- "Phew! Have you just cast stinking cloud or do you always smell like that!"
- ""Ugh. What the hell is that all over your face? Oh...its just your face!"
And the profound "poetry" might be
- "Life without knowledge is death in disguise"
- "Im trying to right my wrongs. But its funny, them same wrongs helped me write this song."
- "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat"
5 Ways to Use the Tool
- Create insults for your character or bard to throw at NPCs
- Create quotes using the poetry to leave written on walls of ruins or a dungeon
- Create your own insult or poetry by Forking the code. The source quotes are within the JS pane on the right.
- Keep a list of insults for your NPCs to use on players at the appropriate moment.
- Use a quote from the "Poetry" for a cult or religious faction to have a split over. Maybe they have two different interpretations or have changed a word which changes the entire meaning.
Share Your Favourites
What mockery and poetry did you enjoy?